If you’re a homeowner living in the Fayetteville area, you know how hard your AC works to keep you and your family cool all summer long, and why air conditioning system are such an important essential for comfortable living in North Carolina.
At All Seasons Air Conditioning & Heating, we know that a broken air-con unit is a nightmare situation best avoided. We’re dedicated to providing top-quality air conditioning services to help North Carolina homeowners enjoy a more comfortable climate inside their homes, which is why we’ve put together this guide to some of the common problems you may experience with your air-conditioning, and more importantly, how to solve them.
- Problem: This is a common problem with most AC units, and an easy one to fix. The filter traps dirt and gets clogged, which reduces the air flow and can also lead to the unit freezing.
- Solution: Filters should be checked regularly as part of good air conditioning maintenance. Check the manufacturer's instructions to find out how often you should clean or change your filter. It could be more often than you think, some need swapping every month. Others are reusable and can be cleaned several times.
- Problem: Another common problem with HVAC systems is refrigerant leakage. In most cases, leaks are obvious issues that are simple to spot. If you see water beneath your AC unit, there’s likely a leak.
- Solution: The AC unit will not work properly if the coolant level drops due to a leak. If you spot any signs of a leak from your unit, its time to call in an A/C repair company before the problem gets worse.
Blocked Drain Line
- Problem: A blocked drain line becomes blocked from dust and debris, which can lead to refrigerant leaks and other issues. A blocked drain line could cause costly damage to the unit if left untreated.
- Solution: A qualified technician can carry out a service of your AC unit and pick up on any such problems before they cause damage.
Problem: The thermostat controls the temperature in your home. If it breaks or begins to provide inaccurate information, it could be a sign that the thermostat is breaking down or faulty.
Solution: If it is clean, level, not in direct sunlight and on the right setting, it should be doing its job properly. If you think it's faulty, call your AC technician to investigate further.
Prevention is Better Than a Cure
Looking after your AC is similar to maintaining a car. Ignoring those strange bangs and rattles is likely to end up in trouble, breaking down and incurring an expensive repair bill. It is far more cost effective to regularly maintain your air-conditioning system than wait until it stops working before you give it any attention. Plus, you save yourself the headache of being without AC in the middle of summer.
Proper air conditioning maintenance can ensure you get the best performance from your system and extend the life of the unit as well. At All Seasons Air Conditioning & Heating, we offer affordable solutions to homeowners seeking out ways to keep their HVAC systems well-maintained throughout the year, with services like our Ultra Comfort Club. Our customers signed up for our Ultra Comfort Club enjoy regular air conditioning service, 20% off repairs, and front-of-the-line scheduling. New installation customers get one year of Ultra Comfort Club membership free!
How All Seasons Air Conditioning & Heating can Help
All Seasons Air Conditioning & Heating is a leading Fayetteville HVAC company. Since 1998, we have been providing top-rated units, expert installation, and quick repairs in and around Cumberland County. We’re committed to 100% customer satisfaction, a company philosophy that shows in our A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. We’ve earned many awards over the years as well as our place as a trusted choice for Fayetteville air conditioning installation and service.
Despite your best efforts, your air conditioner may break down unexpectedly. If so, we’re here for you with our 24/7 emergency HVAC service! Our technicians can be on the job promptly, no matter when you call. Our technicians are highly trained and have the experience to ensure your A/C repair is done right. In fact, we guarantee: Fixed Right or It’s Free!
For more information on our air conditioning services at All Seasons Air Conditioning & Heating, or to learn more about our Ultra Comfort Club membership, give us a call to speak with a representative, or fill out our online form to schedule a free, in-house estimate.