Springtime maintenance of your air conditioning system can mean the difference between a comfortable, enjoyable summer indoors, and a miserable, expensive one dealing with a broken or malfunctioning unit. If you’re a homeowner looking for inspiration on getting prepared for a long, hot Fayetteville summer, take a look at these important AC maintenance tips from our team at All Seasons Heating & Air Conditioning.
Spring into Action: Our Top Most Important A/C Maintenance Tips
When the days are hot, there is nothing as refreshing as stepping into a cool, air-conditioned home—especially during the muggy, hot, and humid summers in North Carolina. However, an improperly functioning unit may have you sweating instead of cooling—even if it’s running on maximum power.
Fortunately, we have compiled a list of tips for your review below, to make sure your unit is running in tip-top shape before the summer begins (and the temperatures get hotter).
- Change the Filter: One of the easiest yet most important things you can do for your AC unit is to replace your filter. There are two types of filters on a typical air conditioning system: temporary, and permanent. Temporary filters should be replaced once a month, while permanent filters should be rinsed off once a month and re-installed. Doing this can save you a lot of money on your energy bill and will keep your unit from working too hard.
- Check the Drainage Hole: Most AC units have a drainage hole at the base. A failure to keep the hole clear of debris is a failure to keep your unit from performing at its best.
- Dehumidifiers Matter: At different times of the year, a dehumidifier can be a saving grace for the inhabitants in the house. With the changing season, you will want to take the time to dry out the system and vacuum out any dirt or debris to keep it functioning at a high level.
- Clear the Obstructions: As plants come back to life in the springtime, leaves sprout and vegetation grows—sometimes in less than ideal places. This can result in a possibility of overgrowth and obstruct the airflow around your AC unit. It is recommended to keep all obstructions at least two feet away to let the AC units have enough air to control the temperature in the house.
- Get an A/C Tune-Up:There is nothing as efficient as a professional evaluation of your AC unit. By putting your air conditioning maintenance in the hands of professionals, you ensure that any problems within your system or unit aren’t missed. Make sure to follow the tech during the inspection to gain further insight into how to keep your AC unit running smoothly.
Maintaining Your AC with All-Seasons Air Conditioning and Heating
One of the most common issues homeowners face with the changing seasons is the lack of preparation for the new season. It’s difficult to think about your heating system when it’s hot outside, or your air conditioning system when your teeth are chattering from the cold. However, staying prepared and diligent with preventative and restorative maintenance measures can keep you from experiencing larger problems in the future that are costly and time-consuming.
Our team at All Seasons Air Conditioning & Heating is ready to help you with your HVAC system needs—whether you need air conditioning repair, an annual inspection, a new system installation or an entire system replacement. Our technicians are trained to ensure that regardless of the season, your home functions at its best every day of the year.
Are you in need of air conditioning maintenance or other HVAC system solutions? Give us a call to speak with one of our agents about our preventative maintenance service or fill out our online form to schedule your free, in-home quote.